Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Twitter Effect - Is Sharing the same as Reporting?

Here is a post from Tim Street, who can also be found on Twitter here, in regards to my recent flight on USAIR. More about this event, as I witnessed it and overheard it, on TonyKatz.com at a later time.

Tim's post was interesting and unexpected. The idea that Twitter can move news faster and with less filters than MSM news sources like CNN, NBC, ABC, etc. However, as I mentioned to Tim in the comments of his blog, I didn't feel I was reporting the news, just that I was sharing a moment in my life. Just as I would share it when I got home.

It begs the questions: In social media and social networking, is sharing the same as reporting? And are there needed, necessary and normalizing filters that we should be placing on ourselves when sharing?

I look forward to hearing from you.


Tony

No comments: