Friday, April 11, 2008

What Does Your Tweet Cloud Say?

Twitter is a really interesting service. What is more interesting is the cottage industry of applications that have been built around it. It really is amazing, as someone who is not a programmer, that so many unique applications can be spawned off of a service that asks only one question - what are you doing?

The TweetCloud is one of those services. It examines every tweet you have ever uttered on Twitter and gives you, in a tag cloud, your hit list. What is it that you are talking about, what is it that you respond to, who are you having conversations with....all of this revealed with your TweetCloud.

This is my TweetCloud.

Now, being that I do lean towards more political views in my other blogs - tonykatz.com, talkshowonthego.com - it's not surprising that Sen. Obama, Sen. Clinton and Sen. McCain get their fair showing.  What I was most happy to see is that my major Twitter points are more thought provoking.  Know, Love People, Think, Want...followed by Understand, Talking and - my personal favorite combination - Going Great.

Recently, Laura Fitton, better known as Pistachio, posted a link showing the TweetClouds of others.  When I looked at some of them, I got the impression that many people don't use Twitter the way I do - which is a constant conversation out there.  Twitter can easily be your tool for publicity.  However, I can't find the good reason why it should only be a tool for publicity.  To me, for me, the TweetCloud speaks to why I participate on Twitter.

What does it say about you?

Tony

PS - Not on Twitter...try this.  Think of what you have talked about or said to others in the past three days.  Now write it down on a piece of paper.  If you talked about it alot, write it bigger.  Not so much, smaller.  Just let the subjects flow until they don't come easily to you.  Now look at the paper.  Is that an accurate reflection of you and your message?

No comments: